In 2020, a small team of volunteers worked behind the scenes at From the Green Notebook to produce over 100 published articles read by almost half a million people. This team is a great example of how a few people with a purpose can have an outsized impact.
The submissions we received this year represent a diverse set of perspectives, coming from all ranks and branches of our military, our civilian workforce, and our civilian partners who study and write about leadership.
Thank you to all of you who contributed your thoughts to the blog and the profession this year!
The FTGN Top 10 Most-Read Articles of 2020
- Let them walk on the grass by CSM Michael S. Burke
- More leaders need to get punched in the face by CSM Michael S. Burke
- The Sergeant Major of the Army Shares His Reading List by LTC Joe Byerly (An Interview with CSM Michael A. Grinston)
- Why Leaders Need to Learn the Skill of Writing by LTC Joe Byerly
- Committing to Gender Integration: Get Rid of the Female Tent by Cpt Ashley Barber
- Why Military Leaders Need to Think Like a Roman Emperor by Joe Byerly (An Interview with Donald Robertson)
- A Note to Slick Sleeves by Micah Ables
- Two Questions We Should Ask Ourselves Every Day by Lt Col Ryan Hill
- Building a Red Teamer’s Library by Michael Rogan
- The Army Coaching Program: Why Opted In and You Should Too by LTC Cassie Crosby