It’s hard to believe that 2022 is already upon us. 2021 has been a year of milestones for From the Green Notebook and we are truly excited for what the new year will bring. Just this year, we saw Joe and Cassie publish their first book, watched the podcast grow into a hugely successful professional development resource, added five highly talented editors to the team, and published a record number of articles. None of this growth would be possible without you, our authors and audience.
As fellow working professionals, we know how easy it is to get distracted by work, life, and the digital world we find ourselves in. Also like you, however, we know how important it is to spend a few moments each day reading, writing, and reflecting. At FTGN, we sincerely believe we can never stop learning; we owe it to ourselves, but more importantly, those we surround ourselves with, to continue on this lifelong journey of growth. We are so fortunate that you have joined us on this journey and hope you will continue to do so in the new year.
As we close out this year, we wanted to offer you a compressed list of the top 10 articles of 2021 as determined by you, the FTGN community. This list is an amalgamation of articles addressing some of the most important issues we faced this year as a society and workforce. Some are deeply personal, while others capture practical lessons learned. Whether you are a military professional, first responder, or civilian leader, these articles serve as a starting point to generate thought and prepare you to enter 2022 as the best version of yourself.
As always, we welcome any feedback you may have on how we can serve you better. Don’t hesitate to reach out to email@example.com with submissions, suggestions, or just to say hello.
Happy New Year from the entire FTGN team!
The Top 10 List:
10. A Platoon Leader’s Takeaways from the Anti-Extremism Stand-Down by Jack Hadley
9. Confessions of a Full Bird Colonel by Jay Miseli
8. Breaking the Mold: Why Cadet Command Needs a Swift Change by Cassie Crosby
7. It’s Time to Amend the Oath of Enlistment by Benjamin Ordiway
6. Phony: A Short Story by Daniel Sukman
5. The Janitor Who Helped Put a Man on the Moon by Joe Byerly
4. How to Organize Your Notebook for Success by Jeremiah Hurley
3. Lessons Learned in Large Scale ACFT Testing by Sarah Ferreira
1. The Map on the Wall by Jack “Farva” Curtis