The team sits down with Donald Robertson, author of How to Think Like a Roman Emperor: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius. Robertson explains the origins of the philosophy, why Stoicism has survived for the last 2300 years, and it’s useful for leaders today. Also, check out Donald Robertson, Ryan Holiday, LTG H.R. McMaster, Joe Byerly, and many other great speakers at the Stoicon-X Military Virtual Conference. Click here for details.
- Nancy Sherman, distinguished University Professor of Philosophy, Georgetown Univ., former Inaugural Distinguished Chair of Ethics, US Naval Academy, author of Stoic Wisdom and Stoic Warriors
- It’s time for the Stoic Soldier, Michael “Mick” Patrick Mulroy, former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD) for the Middle East, retired Paramilitary Operations Officer in the CIA’s Special Activities Center, and retired U.S. Marine.
- Ryan Holiday, bestselling author of The Obstacle is the Way, The Daily Stoic, etc., will be interviewing former US National Security Advisor, LTG H.R. McMaster.
- LTG Frank Kearney, US Army Retired
- Col. Tom Gordon, Director, US Marine Corps Command & Staff College
- Stoicism and our Avatars: an Azimuth Check for the Online World, Col. Adam Hilburgh, 3rd Chemical Brigade commander, Fort Leonard Wood
- Lt. Col. Mark Hardie, former UK Royal Marine officer, Military Advisor for the National Museum of the Royal Navy
- My Green Notebook and the Power of Stoic Reflection, Lt. Col. Joe Byerly, combat arms officer, founder of From the Green Notebook website
- ….and others
Click here to listen to the episode.
About Donald (@DonJRobertson)
Donald Robertson is the author of six books including How to Think Like a Roman Emperor: The Stoic Philosophy of Marcus Aurelius.
He is a cognitive-behavioural psychotherapist, writer, and trainer, specializing in the relationship between philosophy, psychology, and self-improvement. He’s particularly known for his work on Stoic philosophy and cognitive-behavioural therapy. Donald was born in Ayr, Scotland, but now lives in Canada.